No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

Perl works at the server end, and requires a Perl enabled server.

This sounds a bit like php.

Leon could advise you as to how php could best be applied in this
context,and whether php or Perl would be better suited, than I could.

However, from memory, php has the ODBC facility, and I do not know
whether Perl does.

One of Anne's colleagues, who does web stuff, with cold fusion, and a
little php, suggested that a php front end, and a MySQL, or a
PostGreSQL, back end, may be best for you. We have not yet used any of
the three development tools, php, or the two database tools. Anne's
colleague has. However, from what I understand, to be productive in
them, should not take long.

I know very little in this area, apart from what I hear, and my
personal experience of problems with java and javascript, but,
perhaps, Perl, or php, whichever is more appropriate, would be better
than java or javascript.