No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

See the story at
http://salon.com/tech/feature/1999/07/30/redhat_shares/index.html

It is about one of the many kernel developers who was sent an offer by the red
cap, which they were not allowed to take up, because they were part of the Linux
community, and not suits, the effluent people who are exploitative speculators.

I wonder whether any of the subscribers to this mailing list, who are, or have
been, kernel developers, were similarly sent offers, by the red cap, that they
were prohibited from taking up, due to the restrictive trade practices of the
red cap (the offer could only be taken up by opening an account with ertrade,
and applicants had to be experienced effluent eploitative speculators, and,
thus, with no interest in the Linux community, or in the direction of Linux.

I spent a couple of hours reading about this stuff, this morning, apart from
what I had previously read, including having read two of the documents filed by
the red cap with the USA SEC.

It is apparent that the intention of the red cap, is to emulate the Big Bodgy
Software Company; "The hell with the customers, lets make some bucks out of
whoever we can, however we can."

My impressions of the red cap have been shattered, by the exploitative nature of
the non-public offering.

Perhaps the best thing that can come out of this is, as has been suggested by
some on slashdot, and/or at salon.com, an investigation by the USA SEC, into the
matter.

It is clearly not a public offering, and was not intended to be, especially with
the actions of the disreputable ertrade.

Bret Busby