No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

Your dosemu approach is doomed. Multiple DOSEMU sessions will not
properly synchronise their access to the underlying file system (are you
using redir ?). Even if the underlying filesystem did the best job that
it could with file locking, the dosemu session will buffer some
reads/writes that will probably bring the whole setup crashing down.

I messed with this stuff for about a month before going bald. I ended up
using Caldera OpenDOS (Y2K OK) on each workstation (using Novel drivers)
with Linux running that excellent freeware Novel Server package (name
eludes me) as a server.

You might try to install microsoft networking in each dosemu session and
map a network drive (unfortunately Linux cant be using the network card
for this to work). The data synchronisation rules change with networked
file systems (I think - but not with redir).

Kudos to dosemu developers for the way they implemented LPT? capturing.
Very clever.

Garth