No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

local squid proxy.
My diald setup has a re-dial time of 6 minutes, and wget always waits about 10
minutes before it tries to re-connect.
This time is configurable.. see wget --help, but I find 10 minutes about right.
I find that most of the time I leave it to it's own devices, it resumes fine,
whereas when I ctrl-c it, and try to resume manually, it restarts from the
beginning.

In my experience, just let it go, it will re-try something like 20 times, with
about a 10 minute pause between retrys by default.

That is, the one I compiled out of the box.
Bit of a silly story behind that.. I wanted to do a recursive suck on a website
that had a robot.txt file that denied all, so instead of reading the manpage and
finding the norobots command, I downloaded the source for wget and hacked out the
code that reads the robots file. Talk about banging in a thumbtack with a sledgehammer.

Oh well, learned a bit of C along the way I guess...

The moral of the story?

man wget

--
Brad....
"The ultimate result is that some innovations that would