No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

5.0 (in the past), and Netscape (ongoing - various versions, various
OS's), are features built in to the software, rather than
incompatibilities with the chip.

Our firewall/gateway, is a Cyrix P120+ (chip speed 100 MHz) computer,
running RH 6.0. We appear to have had no problems with that.

I know that you (and Bill Kenworthy) are using Mandrake 7, with comfort
and confidence, and are happy with it, but, when I sent them an email, a
while ago, asking about Mandrake 7, and the realtionship to the Red Hat
distribution (which version number 7 was based on, I think), on which it
had been based in previous versions, and, seeking some other information
about Mandrake 7, their response showed them to be a bunch of arrogant
baskets, who didn't care about their reputation. So, I thought, okay, if
you want to be regarded as arrogant baskets, who don't want people to
use your OS, then I will respect your wishes.

So, we have stuck with Red Hat, which seems to be acknowledged as the
most widely used distribution for Linux users who are not guru's, and
which we have found okay to use.

I am not trying to start a flame war about this - just indicating why we
use RH, and not Mandrake.

> --
> Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

And, when a cat eats a dog, is it a Staff Master? ;^{)

--

Bret Busby