No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

emulate the Epson LQ850 (I think it is), but, it is difficult, to try to
find a current model printer, especially a colour printer, that will run
with Linux; not the fault of the Linux community, more, the disregard of
the printer manufacturers.

Regarding the Lynx bit; I got the impression that it was suggested that
everyone should be using Lynx, as the Linux-specific web browser - I
must have misconstrued it. Each browser has its advantages and
disadvantages; the extraction of the webserver information is useful,
but, I believe that it is better displayed for all to see, on the
websites. I realise that that is dependent of the account privileges as
privided by the ISP's; iinet do not provide, for our class of account,
scripting access in PHP or Perl, so that we can only use Java or
Javascript, to extract any system information (or, so I understand),
and, they tend to be, for the most parts, client-side, rather than
server-side scripting, so, I prefer to avoid using them.

--

Bret Busby