No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

a printer filter into the /etc/printcap file to "correct" the staircase
effect (for plain text files) and to use ghostscript to convert postscript
to appropriate printer commands. There are other filter programs
for your favourite file formats (eg: Tex/LaTex for the maths inclined)

Hopefully the config util can also add in an appropriate "filter" to
pipe the data via smbclient to an NT machine or similar.

> How can I print PDF and Word document files?
> One PDF file, I tried to print had all postscript type gibberish all over
> the pages. There was nothing readable.

Providing the program can generate postscript then the
ghostscript filter will take care of the rest. PDF is based on
postscript but it is not postscript.

David Campbell