No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

<quote>
- Standard PC
- 400MHz or faster processor (recommended; 266MHz minimum) that supports the
Pentium® instruction set
- Compatible processors include
Intel: Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4
AMD: K6-2, k6-III, Athlon, Athlon MP, Athlon XP, Duron
- Multiprocessor systems supported
</quote>

So no, it would appear that PPC is not supported.

However, Darwin (the OSS base of Mac OS X) has been ported to Intel
architecture. (See
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/1.4/release.html
and http://www.darwinfo.org/).

And Darwin is based on FreeBSD (http://www.freebsd.org/)