No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

3. Switching runlevels.

   When one switches from (for example) runlevel 2 to runlevel 3,
   /etc/init.d/rc will first execute in alphabetical order all K
   scripts for runlevel 3 (/etc/rc3.d/KXXxxxx) with as first argument
   "stop" and then all S scripts for runlevel 3 (/etc/rc3.d/SXXxxxx)
   with as first argument "start".

This is in the /usr/share/doc/sysvinit/README.runlevels.gz file.

--
Andrew Howell
Managing Director
E-mail: andrew at it.net.au