No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

mdk 8.1, but I just want to learn how to do nfs installs.
Thank you, again. I will give it a try and let you know how it works out.
Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Ringer [mailto:craig at postnewspapers.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 9:15 AM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Proglems with NFS Installation of Mandrake 8.2

> One thing though.  You said "Also make sure your /etc/fstab entry for
> /mnt/cdrom doesn't contain "noexec" in the options. If it doesn't -
> add it, "  are you saying to add noexec or not ?
I would reccomend using noexec to mount CDs normally, so yes do add noexec
to /etc/fstab's entry for /dev/cdrom. This improves security.

However, for this _specific_ case (network install from DVD) you want noexec
_disabled_. The mount command I listed will leave it disabled.

Not enabling "noexec" will do no harm, and may avoid confusion like this in
the future. However, imagine running a real nasty off a CD by accident...
(OK perhaps I'm being paranoid).