No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/linux.html

Which applies particularly well to home installations which access the internet and beginners like me.

I have also sent email to the author of the above site (Lance Spitzner) and he responded within five minutes as follows:

Wonderful, glad I can help!  There are many other resources on the Internet that are far better then mine concerning security.  These resources include

 http://www.securityfocus.com  http://www.sans.org
 http://www.ntsecurity.com  http://www.linuxsecurity.com

 best of luck!

 lance spitz

Message no. 102 posted by Arie Hol on Sat May 11, 2002 20:23

Subject X Server on Windows

For people who are interested in running an X-Server on Windows, try CYGWIN, available from :

http://www.cygwin.com/

All you need to do is download a file called "setup.exe", then run it while you are still connected to the internet.

The software can be installed direct from the internet and you can choose the packages you want to install from a dialog in the the setup program.

You need about 50 Mb of hard drive space before you start.

My current CYGWIN directory uses about 92 Mb of hard drive space.

I am not sure how good the 'package is overall' but I had no problems with the download or the installation procedure.

Message no. 107 posted by Arie Hol on Sun May 12, 2002 21:12

Subject X-server

X-Secure Pro Version 7 is available direct from Labtam Inc at :

http://labtam-inc.com/index.cfm?fr=download.cfm

It is approximately 12Mb in size.

Regards Arie