No subject

Tue Nov 29 10:43:08 WST 2011

really dollars and cents. While we all know that the effort involved in
developing a web application for multiple browsers is relatively minor,
remember that the cost of this for a bank like NAB is amplified 100x.

Where do they draw the line? What is a 'major' browser and what is a 'minor'
browser? I know that you are simply asking them to remove the warning, but this
has many implications from a QA point of view. They would then have to add
Mozilla and all its various versions in use to their list, and this involves a
lot of regression testing etc.

What this idiot should have said is '... but we will not be including it in the
browser detection script because it is a browser used by a minority, and the
cost for us outweighs the benefit for us'. As always, you can vote with your
feet, but you cant argue with simple cost/benefit analysis. I know all banks
are evil, but its a bit rich to claim that the NAB is 'against open source',
especially when theyve just spent piles of cash evaluating linux as an
alternative on the backend.

Ive never really gotten wound up by this kind of thing I guess. I use PNCS, and
their online banking partially breaks with mozilla, so I just use IE. I wouldnt
bother to change banks because of it.

meh

disclaimer: I work for an arm of MLC, which is itself an arm of NAB. I still
think they are bastards in many ways, but I cant agree with the logic of
getting wound up about this.