[plug] Upcoming social events - BBQ (Dec), Quiz Night (March)

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Oct 25 20:27:53 WST 2011

Hello all,

Outside of our now hopefully normal bi-monthly pub meet (scheduled next
for November 28th), we have two other items in the calendar that need a
little preparation.

First we have elected for a Summer BBQ, to be held at the Synergy
Playground in Kings Park on Sunday 4th December from just before noon.
We're looking at having a sausage-sizzle for members, so we'd like to
know who's coming so we can organise enough food. When you RSVP please
indicate how many others you're brining along (partner, children) so we
can get enough food. We're going to cover the cost for members, but levy
$5 per non-member to cover costs. It will be BYO drinks, but we may have
some spare from the Rusty talk to sell at $1/can, etc. As numbers are
necessary, can you please either RSVP to the committee with the numbers
coming, or RSVP to the PLUG Facebook group event (and if there's more
than just yourself, please add a comment explaining). If you'd like to
help organise the BBQ (or you have some fun stuff to bring along like a
marquee, etc, etc) please let me know.

In March we have the return of the Linux & Open Source Quiz Night at The
Moon & Six Pence (Murray St). The pub is already booked, and we're now
on the lookout for prizes, games, and questions. If you would like to
help then please let me know - or just suggest what the coolest prize
you can think of. Last year we had around 20 people turn up, and I'm
hoping we can double that this year.

Details are in the calendar on the PLUG front page.

  James
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2011: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>