[plug] PLUG Newsletter Q1 2012

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Apr 4 15:29:08 WST 2012

Hello all,

It's a busy day for PLUG today: we've put the finishing touches on our
first Newsletter for Q1 2012 covering the events we've held this quarter
just gone, plus what's coming up in the near future. While you could
glean much of this from lurking on the mailing lists, the newsletter is
a summary of what's going on here in the Perth Linux & Open Source world.

You can grab the newsletter from
http://www.plug.org.au/resources/newsletters as a PDF.

We're hoping to put this together at the end of each quarter as a way of
handing something to people who come to meetings but aren't members, and
as something you can print and pass to friends and colleagues who may be
interested. So spread the word and held PLUG grow even larger (currently
80+ paid members)!

For the video team (already mentioned on the AV list) the first 3
laptops from the LotteryWest Grant have just arrived in the last 30
minutes. We're hoping to have these ready to be used at the next PLUG
meeting on Tuesday 10th April (Ian Kent's AutoFS talk @ CWLH[1]).

  James

[1] City West Lotteries House, 2 Delhi Street, West Perth 6005. Right
next to City West Train Station, lots of free parking after 5pm. Talk
starts at 7pm, be there for around 6:30pm (AV crew from 5pm).
http://g.co/maps/kn4gu

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>