[plug] PLUG: Paul Fenwick "Awesome things you've missed in Perl 5.14", Tuesday 1st May @ 7pm WST

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Mon Apr 30 10:52:12 WST 2012

Hello all,

Tomorrow (Tuesday 1st May) we have our guest speaker *Paul Fenwick*
(http://perltraining.com.au/trainers.html) presenting a talk entitled
"*Awesome things you've missed in Perl 5.14*".

Paul is a renown Perl developer, maintaining several key modules,
contributing to /The Perl Journal/ (TPJ), and those of you at
/Linux.Conf.Au 2012/ earlier this year in Ballarat may have seen a
different and very entertaining keynote on /hacking your brain/!

PLUG has flown Paul to Perth to give this talk, and we're opening it up
for anyone to attend. Donations are highly appreciated to help us do
this again in future, and PLUG membership ($20/year full, $10/year
concession) is also available for those that would like to express their
support of PLUG in general. http://www.plug.org.au/membership

Our venue for this talk is *City West Lotteries House*, 2 Delhi St, West
Perth WA 6005. http://g.co/maps/8r9rp. Doors open around 6:30pm (PLUG's
AV crew will be there before hand - volunteers welcome to help), and the
session starts at 7pm sharp. Free parking in the area starts at 5pm -
please *read* street signs to confirm. For those that have not yet been
to this venue, it is located down a ramp from Delhi St in a single
storey long building.

This event will be live streamed again from our Icecast server at
*http://icecast.plug.org.au:8000/*. Feedback and questions for our
presenter (or anyone else) via IRC on *#plug* on *irc.plug.org.au*
(/Gimpnet/) is welcomed. For those interstate, the time is:

  * Perth 7pm (WST) = 11:00am UTC
  * Adelaide/Darwin 8:30pm (CST)
  * Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra/Hobart 9pm (EST)
  * New Zealand 11pm (NZST)
  * London 12:00pm noon (BST)

PLUG has over 80 financial members, and some 350 people subscribed to
its mailing list. We're after volunteers who would like to help out on
projects or tasks: please email committee at plug.org.au for any input or
feedback.

Please pass this information around to friends and colleagues whom you
think may be interested in attending or watching.

  James

--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>