[plug] Free Online Crypto Course from Stanford University

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Fri Aug 31 12:13:48 WST 2012

I went through this course last time it was run and can thoroughly
recommend it.

It covers more about the mathematical concepts of crypto than on
setting up and implementing it. The thing I loved the most though was
that most of the assignments were along the lines of “This is the
output form some incorrectly implemented crypto that is vulnerable to
xzy attack, break it and reveal the encrypted message/key”. I’ve
signed up for the second half as well.
https://www.coursera.org/course/crypto2

The there are lots of other good courses too, Coursera keeps getting better.

Cheers,
Michael