[plug] Apache Rewrite Rule

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:59:34 WST 2012

Hi Guys,

Been playing with Perl's Dancer web framework, it's rather nifty! I have
hit a stumbling block with my Apache rewrite rule knowledge.

There is something wrong with this as it doesn't appear to rewrite

http://host/water/foo

http://host/water/dispatch.cgi/foo

Alias /water /usr/local/leon/DanceApp/public

<Directory "/usr/local/leon/DanceApp/public">
   Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AllowOverride None
   AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
</Directory>

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^/water/(.*)$ dispatch.cgi/$1 [QSA,L]

ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/water-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/water-access_log common

This works:
http://10.2.0.66/water/dispatch.cgi/foo

But this doesn't:
http://10.2.0.66/water/foo

Which if my rewrite rule was correct should.

Any apache experts out there? The regex looks correct to me and I have
tried a few other variations.

Leon
--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!