[plug] LCA 2014 2015 meetings

Paul Del - Info Technology Systems p at delfante.it
Wed Feb 1 20:06:08 WST 2012

Hey PLUG members,

We have had 1 official meeting for a future Linux conf Australia in Perth
and 1 non-official Monday night.

We would like to call anyone else who expresses interest in joining the LCA
team in some form.
Or can offer suggestions or advice for a future Linux Conf Australia in
Perth in the near future.

We will be holding another Meeting at Moon & SixPence in Perth CBD on Monday
6th Febuary around 6:30PM

If you would like to participate but are unable to make it because of
commitments, please reply on the list
or contact of the people on the PLUG committee members.

Just to recap for a few people that were not present.

First meeting was brainstorming and seeing who want's which roles.
Second meeting was supposed to be PLUG but a bit more chat about past
conference things which we can tackle differently.

Today was Luke, Nick, Ian and myself meeting Jocelyn from Perth Convention
Bureau (.gov funded non profit) to help us with conference
resources, building a bid proposal document and liaising with various
departments across WA for promotion and resources/funding.
One of they other key points what do we outsource for the conference ie
Transport, Catering etc
Also discussed the idea of Software Freedom day, Open Day at LCA(to the
public) and Free Open Source meets WA Small Medium Business and Open Source
professionals. Various social business drinks, workshops, displays and
other business networking events.

You will have to excuse any spelling, grammar. Writing is not my bes
attribute. I got roped into this again Thanks Luke ;-D

Big Thanks to James, Mark, Nick and Ian for your invaluable guidance and
expertise.

Look forward to chatting with you all next Monday night!

Ciao for now and keep cool
Paul Del