[plug] TV Tuners and Linux

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Wed Feb 8 09:24:06 WST 2012

On 7 February 2012 16:36, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Has anyone been successful in getting a TV Tuner to work with Linux?

I'm in the process of replacing our trusty Mythbuntu machine which was
installed on 'borrowed' hardware with a purchased Leadtek DTV2000DS
tuner, about 18 months ago. It has fairly high WAF and I've been very
happy with it as a first try.

I'm testing with a Pinnacle 310i (I think, from memory - it's the one
that uses saa7134 driver) on Mythbuntu 11.10. Happy so far, but I
wouldn't recommend the card. I could dribble on for ages coz I'm
excited to get a new quiet machine (Core i3) to do it on, but I'll
stop for now (:

Cheers,
Greg.

PS: If anyone knows how to make iView work, I'd be grateful! This vid
is tantalising, from the wp post. I suspect Boxee is involved but not
sure, and Boxee software may have been canned, not sure if it's
available by some other means. My understanding is a bit vague still.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njkhx2OwdZ4&feature=youtu.be
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1445975

--
Gregory Orange