[plug] WA Govenment iPads for year 1 and 2 students

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Thu Feb 23 15:19:28 WST 2012

On 23/02/12 13:51, David Dartnall wrote:
> Yes Alexander, thank you, that proves my point.
>
> The ipad is reliant on a wifi network and a wireless capable printer
> that supports AirPrint, a set of requirements far in excess of what my
> Linux netbook requires.

Twaddle. The iPad will connect to any cups print server with bonjour
services running and print to any printer on there.

Like I said in a previous post, my iPad will happily print to all the
printers on my Debian server, and the printer connected to my Ubuntu
desktop. Hell, it'll even do a good A0 to my designjet.