[plug] NBN Coverage Maps

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Wed Feb 29 12:14:55 WST 2012

For those who are interested, yesterday NBN Co released a NBN rollout
map using Google maps available at
<http://www.nbnco.com.au/rollout/rollout-map.html>.

Whats interesting about the map is that in Western Australia, we've
previously been seeing the following very limited NBN rollout schedule
(taken from <http://www.iinet.net.au/nbn/nbn-coverage.html>).

Nov 2011	Geraldton			in build		Map	2800 in build; 16,500 proposed
Oct 2011	Applecross			proposed		Map due Feb 2012
Oct 2011	Meadow Springs		proposed		Map due Apr 2012
Oct 2011	South Perth		proposed		Map due May 2012
Oct 2011	Pinjarra			proposed		Map due Apr 2012
Sep 2011	Vic Park			proposed		Map due Oct 2011
Sep 2011	Mandurah			proposed		Map due Nov 2011

The NBN rollout map has much more extensive rollout shown as being
planned for the next year, for example; instead of a marker for the
Applecross region there is instead a marker over Ardross that when
clicked states the following:

Applecross, Ardross, Bateman, Booragoon, Brentwood, Bull Creek,
Kardinya, Leeming, Mount Pleasant, Murdoch, North Lake, Willetton,
Winthrop
Fibre | Work to commence within one year - we will commence work from
Feb 2012 in phases with last work scheduled to commence in Oct 2012*.

Which suggests work has commenced or should be started today for this region.

Kind Regards
Luke John