[plug] Perth tech groups meta meetup - 4th July

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Tue Jul 3 23:09:44 WST 2012

Hi all Plug members,

Just to let you all know that the Perth tech groups meta/mega meet up is
being held again tomorrow. The event, organised by Port 80 is attracting
an interesting crowd of like minded technical people.

Last time around we had a couple of informative talks about software
tools being used in business, and it was quite refreshing to hear people
from commercial software and web companies actually speak frankly about
what tools and technologies they are using to run their business.

There were about 80 people at the last meeting, so it's a quite a crowd.
We'll try and organise a break out session for PLUG members to catch up
with what we are getting up to, and what's coming up soon - software
freedom day to mention but one event we are planning.

The event details are as follows:

Where
SpaceCubed, Ground Floor, 45 St Georges tce (former Reserve Bank Building)
When

6:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Calendar
PLUG Events
Description
A number of Perth based SIGs are getting together for a shared event -
human networking and break-out to SIG rooms at SpaceCubed. All Welcome,
no charges

If you are coming, I'd suggest you bring a few gold coins or small notes
as there is a pile of drinks and snacks with a small donation request to
cover costs.

Hope to see you all there,

Regards,

Euan de Kock