[plug] Startup Weekend Perth

Darcy Laycock sutto at sutto.net
Mon Jul 23 20:06:03 WST 2012

Hi All - First up, I hope you all don't mind this kind-of-salesy email - I'm trying to get as many geek-folk as possible involved in our first Startup Weekend Perth to keep the balance with the more business-only folk.

---

Come September 7th, 2012, Perth will be hosting it's first "Startup Weekend" event. For those not familiar with the concept, Startup Weekend is a global series of events, run over 400 times internationally.

The weekend starts with an idea pitching session - Basically a way for all involved in the event to pitch what they work on. The best ideas will be chosen, and from there teams have 54 hours to rapidly prototype the complete lifecycle of building a startup from scratch.

In terms of you guys, it's an opportunity to take that idea you've had in the back of your head and test the waters - Need a cofounder? Startup Weekend will help you find a like mind to work on your idea with. Best of all, Since it's only a weekend long, if you don't like your idea at the end of the weekend, you've only spent a weekend on it. It's the perfect opportunity to take a real shot at building something cool.

If you're serious about it, Startup Weekend also provides a variety of coaches who can give you advice and help with all parts of the process. If you're not sure on how to take your idea to the next level or just not sure what to use to build some part of the stack, there will be people there to help.

Early bird tickets are available for $75 each (If you're a student, sign up using the instructions on the site and you'll get in for $49) so I suggest registering now to get in early. The money not only goes towards general costs for the weekend but ww'll also be providing food and drinks for attendees.

If you want to attend, we have more information on the Startup Weekend Perth Website (http://perth.startupweekend.org/) and tickets are available on EventBrite as mentioned before: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3446952929.

TL;DR: Had an idea hanging around in your head for a while you've wanted to built? Not sure where to start? Just want to hack for a weekend? Head along to Perth's first Startup Weekend and take part!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or the other startup weekend organisers.

Thanks,
-- Darcy Laycock (@Sutto) / sutto at sutto.net