[plug] Mailman Delays

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:46:53 WST 2012

Lol.

Dupes was my fault. We had some postfix config problems in the
process, and it wasn't clear if the errors caused the mail to be lost,
so until I got it right, I resent the same message a few times. I
figured dupes was ok to ensure that mail wasn't lost the next time
someone posted to the list.

Andrew, there are 2 things about getting echos of your posts back from
the list. First, check your subscription settings, there is an option
to disable/enable receiving your own posts. Secondly, Gmail attempts
to hide "duplicate" emails. So when you send an email, it often ends
up in the sent box, and when gmail receives the copy from mailman, it
somehow decides its the same as the one you sent, and so hides it. (In
other words, it stays marked as read, however your sent message
looks). Annoying I know.

Tim