[plug] Gentoo Users

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Wed Mar 7 20:12:27 WST 2012

I did leave gentoo for a while, but recently came back after getting
frustrated with some of the packaged versions of Linux.

I don't particularly like the direction Ubuntu is heading in, with the
fluendo mp3 codecs, mono, unity etc. Fedora is also becoming a bit
monolithic with Gnome 3 etc.

My main system has some special requirements, rt kernel, rock solid
firewire/ffado support and a lot of apps compiled direct from svn/git
sources etc (Ardour, Calf, Jackd, Blender ...)

I tried Ubuntu, Fedora and Mint, but after a while Gentoo and XFCE just
seemed to make the most sense.

Now my 6 core AMD Phenom rocks with a full preemptive rt kernel and 12Gb
RAM! (10571172k free!)

Regards,

Euan.