[plug] python issue

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 16 12:13:14 WST 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:00:05PM +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> I have been very happily using two python-based utilities
> "sbs-downloader-ondemand" and "python-iview". However, neither will
> run atm, each app reporting python run errors. I won't clog your
> reading pleasure with snippets of the errors atm, just checking if
> anyone is similarly recently plagued by errors with these apps?

I commend your desire not to engage in unnecessary loquacity... but
that's not a lot to go on.

I have the following working on Debian "squeeze":

nick@:~$ python --version
Python 2.6.6
nick@:~$ iview-cli -i
3152075 7.30
3442646 A Farmer's Life For Me
2959838 ABC National Evening News
2932730 ABC News 24
3425846 Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight Series 2
3104316 Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps Series 4
3256187 Animalia
[...]

What happens when you try the above? What system are you running
and what is the exact URL (and hence version) that you got
"sbs-downloader-ondemand" and "python-iview" from?

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal