[plug] Fwd: python issue

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 10:22:55 WST 2012

On 19/03/12 01:40, Gavin Chester wrote:

> https://github.com/mvanderkolff/sbsOnDemand/downloads
>
> <snip>
> Thanks, Lance. I've been digging and playing, and corresponding with
> the script maintainer. Long story short, the changes to sbs and the
> subsequent updated script broke the way I had been using the script
> for months. I stumbled on the fact that I can now get both sbs and
> iview scripts to work, but only by running as sudo. I've tried to
> chase the sources of the permission problems, but am happy to have
> them work again for now.

Very odd that it only works with sudo. A git clone this morning of the
sbsOnDemand script, ./setup.py install, and I'm able to download and
watch SBS! (No sudo other than the setup.py install).

$ uname -a
Linux sara-linux 3.0.0-15-generic #26-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 20 17:23:00 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Fairly update Ubuntu 11.10. I have 3.0.0-16 installed, but haven't yet
rebooted, so might reboot and see if I get similar problems to you. Only
thing I can think of with network traffic and needing sudo, is something
like selinux preventing the script from connecting to the network and
hence the error?

Tim