[plug] Immovable panel! [OT]

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Wed Mar 21 16:04:46 WST 2012

Hi all,

At boot-up when the BIOS notification screen appears, and prior to the
NVIDIA screen, a black & white panel (117mm w x 34mm h with black bar on
top, named "VOLUME", a loudspeaker icon below and a horizontal volume
indicator bar having left & right arrows at it's ends and the number
"100" below that again) appears in the centre of the screen on my
computer.

It seems to have no relation to the OS - appears when XP or Oeniric are
booted as well as the Mint Helena that I'm using as my main system and I
can't get rid of it. It's here now, as I type, always overlays any
window. It won't drag -  the cursor disappears behind it anyway...

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Regards
Dave Dartnall