[plug] Immovable panel! [OT]

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Mar 22 17:36:47 WST 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 16:43 +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
> On 21/03/12 16:04, David Dartnall wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any ideas please.
>
> Have you tried peeling it off?
>
> Does your monitor have speakers? Is it an OSD placed there by your
> monitor? Can you access the monitor menu and turn it off?

Thank you Brad and all you tolerant people in PlUG who have taken the
trouble to respond...

I never thought of the monitor being the culprit, and yes, it is indeed
directly related to the monitor and yes, there is an On-Screen-Display
button which unfortunately no longer responds with the display that it's
supposed to provide. It's a Philips 190B, I guess it's had it's day!
I've had it for a long time, a new cheap widescreen one may be the best
answer.

Bloody thing won't peel off!

Thanks again
Dave