[plug] spare RAM for PLUG ?

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:11:42 WST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au> wrote:
> The system currently has 2 of 6 slots occupied with 1GB DIMMs, so 2GB total.
> IOW we'd be happy with up to another 4x 1GB DIMMs, or even better, 6x 2GB
> DIMMs :)
>
> Currently this machine is running a few tasks and soon to take on the main
> PLUG webserver and become a VM host - hence the requirement for more RAM.
> Actual plans aren't set in stone yet but a quick check during the last ctte
> meeting showed there was free slots and so we thought why not max it out if
> people have some old unused mem.

Well I have 2x 2GB Infineon DDR333 Ecc Registered memory sticks I can
spare. I am sure I have more floating around somewhere, but currently
my shed is in a bit of a mess. 6GB should be a reasonable start at
least! I had enough memory for 12GB in my old server, but it wouldn't
boot with all of it, but the sticks tested fine. So when I find it,
I'll let you know!

Leon