[plug] Google web search sanitiser

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 00:14:45 WST 2012

On 21/10/2012, Brad Campbell <brad at fnarfbargle.com> wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the way google wraps its search
> results in a tracking url. I've found several useful Firefox plugins
> which fix that on my desktops, but I want to go a step further.
>
> Before I go and re-invent the wheel, has anyone seen a plugin or
> otherwise for squid that will automatically scrub and rewrite tracked
> urls as they pass the proxy?
>
> I started with the idea of the old "upside down ternet" and looked from
> there, but I've not really found anything other than a lot of people
> complaining about the problem.
>
> Anyone anyone?
>
> Brad

Hello.

I have just tried it, using konqueror with javascript disabled.

Using google.com (bookmarked, and therefore going to google.com
instead of the defaulty google.com.au), searching on the term "monster
raving loony party", when I do a mouseover of the hypertext link in
the results, I get all the crap displayed in the bar down the bottom
of the screen, complete with the tracking and the ridiculously long
sessionid, but, when  I click on the hypertext link for the search
result, what opens in the new tab (I click to "Open in new tab"), is
the site, with only the pure URL (http://www.omrlp.com/) in the URL
box.

Sop, it appears that the simple answer is to disable javascript in the
web browser (javascript is malware, anyway, as is all client-side
processing in web browsing).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale