[plug] recommendations for Debian server with hardware raid

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Tue Oct 23 09:40:46 WST 2012

Hi Andrew,

I just got a HP DL385 G2 with a P400 Raid card in it.

Whacked Wheezy on it, and grabbed the debs from HP repo, and loaded the cciss modules from stock kernel, hey presto all good.

A little weird how it lists the drives, like old unix days, but it runs smooth and fast.

iLO monitoring and extras run well, all round a good server.

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."