[plug] PLUG Talk this Tuesday: Bitcoin - Leo Treasure & Streaming News.

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Mon Sep 10 22:26:39 WST 2012

Hello all,

This Tuesday (11th Sept) we have our September meeting at the
University Computer Club at UWA, high above the UWA Tavern (CWLH was
unavailable). If you find the tavern, walk clockwise around the
fence-line until you come to three steps leading up to a door; then
climb two flights of steps. Free parking should be available after 5pm
in RED Student bays -- check signs to confirm this. Leo Treasure will
be presenting a talk about the popular open-source currency Bitcoin,
starting at 7pm promptly (be there from 6:30 to get a seat). As
normal, we'll be trying to video stream and monitor IRC
(#plug at irc.plug.org.au) for questions from those unable to make it on
the night.

We would also love a volunteer to write a review article about this
for the next newsletter edition. We also need a write up for the
previous talk (AV, back on 14/Aug). And as a tri-fecta, perhaps a
hundred words on the videoing of Startup Weekend for anyone who made
it?

Also this weekend we live streamed the hugely successful Perth Startup
Weekend at Space-cubed on St Georges Tce; the PLUG AV Team were out in
force to video stream the evening.  We also set up an account on
YouTube last Friday which already has many of our past videos uploaded
and has already had over 350 views.

Luke Woollard
20120910plug at osmahi.com