[plug] What programming languages are popular in Perth?

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:42:06 UTC 2013

Bills: Mostly Perl, Bash and Javascript.
Fun: Haskell, Clojure, Agda.

> In the mean time, maybe a strongly-typed and statically-typed high-level
language, preferably one that forces you to declare variables before using
them. (I should really get around to learning Haskell.)

If you're interested in functional programming, there is a Perth meetup
group called Perth Functional Programmers that meets once a month.