[plug] What programming languages are popular in Perth?

Adon Metcalfe adon.metcalfe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 04:23:18 UTC 2013

At DEC in the apps team there is about 8 of us that all do:

Python (Django/Bottle/Fabric), Javascript & SQL primarily to pay the
bills (as well as a lot of others in an ad-hoc fashion)

I know most of us prefer python, but there are a couple of game devs who
would prefer C/C++/Go

Most of us have a love/hate relationship with Javascript, though now
with modern Angular.js & JQuery + twitter's bootstrap the hate is a bit
less =)

Cheers,
Adon