[plug] LCA2014 Press Release Third Keynote

Paul Del p at delfante.it
Tue Dec 3 07:10:28 UTC 2013

Press Release.

For immediate Release.

Announcing the linux.conf.au 2014 third Keynote Speaker

The linux.conf.au 2014 team are pleased to announce Matthew Garrett as the
third keynote speaker for their conference.

Matthew is a cloud security developer working at Nebula, a prominent cloud
hardware and services vendor.

Matthew has been hacking on Secure Boot for quite a while, and was deeply
involved with it during his time with RedHat and more recently, with a
broader
view of its security implications within the cloud initiative, at Nebula.

Matthew will be speaking to us about the current state of the debate
concerning Secure Boot, concerns over the security of material held in the
cloud, the influence of the activities of security agencies, and issues
relating to people maintaining traditional freedoms within cloud
environments.
These factors are key to the success of the cloud initiative that has
captured
the interest of computing communities throughout the world.

We are really pleased to have Matthew speaking to us about these key topics
that have such an important impact on the success of the cloud computing
initiative.

linux.conf.au is an annual open source conference organised by Linux
Australia. In 2014 the conference will be held in Perth, Western Australia
from the 6th January to the 10th.

We would like to thank our Emperor sponsors IBM and HP for supporting
linux.conf.au and helping our community.

http://lca2014.linux.org.au
#lca2014 #linux.conf.au