[plug] Odd pins on Android devices

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:48:10 UTC 2013

Whilst having lunch before heading home from the conference and we were all
wondering what the pins on our Android devices were.

They're apparently Pogo pins. I found I can get an extended battery case
for my HTC One X that utilises those pins for charging on the go.

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/htc/htc-one-x/mugen-power-3200mah-battery-case-for-htc-one-x-htc-one-x-plus-black.html

Allegedly the Nexus products will soon utilise them for charging using
magnetically attached cables, but the cables are not available yet.

Curiosity satisfied :-)

Leon
--
DRM 'manages access' in the same way that jail 'manages freedom.'

# cat /dev/mem | strings | grep -i cats
Damn, my RAM is full of cats... MEOW!!