[plug] Odd pins on Android devices

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Feb 20 00:47:11 UTC 2013

My Nexus 4 arrived yesterday! I hacked up my mini-SIM to make it a
micro-SIM and I'm up and running with Android 4.2.2. So far I'm really
impressed, it's just so much faster/smoother than my old HTC Desire and of
course the screen is great.

I read a lot of reviews and was tossing up the Nexus 4, Galaxy SIII, and
the Note 2. In the end the Nexus 4 is the cheapest and will get the best
support for future upgrades from Google so that's what made the decision
for me.

I did get the 16GB version as one of the drawbacks of the Nexus 4 is the
storage isn't expandable, nor can you replace the battery.

Jason

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Tim White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 17/02/13 22:25, Leon Wright wrote:
>

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Tim White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>  I'm a bit torn about that. I'd like more Galaxy Nexus's as they are
>> decent enough for me, and I don't really like the look and feel of the
>> Nexus 4. I know a company here that was planning a decent roll out of
>> Galaxy Nexus's as their "lowend phone" and now can't as they can't get
>> stock at a decent price. :(
>

>  $350 for a Nexus 4 is pretty hard to pass up though. I'll take some
> photos when mine arrives and let you know how it feels as a device. I have
> Access to a Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X as well.
>

> Looking forward to that. Might get my Wife one and see how she likes it.
> Maybe playing with one in Person would change my mind.
>
> Tim

Jason Nicholls
jason at mindsocket.com.au
0430 314 857