[plug] ask about new project idea

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 23:24:06 UTC 2013

I used Gnucash just minimally (recording spending, pretty much) but gave up
when they switched to compulsory double-entry which I just can't get my
head around. (Good thing I work in the *IT* department of an accounting
firm, and not some other department...)

This would have been as much as 10 years ago, for reference.

Andrew

On 9 July 2013 07:06, Sam Wilson <sam at samwilson.id.au> wrote:

> On Tue, July 9, 2013 6:56 am, Garry wrote:
> >
> > How about an implementation of Etax?
> >
> > Or a good book keeping application with gst and activity statements?
> >

> I used Gnucash for a couple of years, but not recently. Is it still a
> thing? Does anyone here use it? Can it handle Australian stuff? (I ask
> only because it may be a starting point for the above suggestion.)
>
> - Sam.

Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett