[plug] Pia Waugh in Perth

Bret Treasure treasure at freebeer.com.au
Fri Mar 1 12:56:19 UTC 2013

040 990 8133
Tweet @brettreasure

Pia Waugh is making a rare trip to Perth. Do you reckon you could give us a
hand promoting it?

She's a former President of Linux Australia and President of Software
Freedom International and is speaking at the Edge of the Web breakfast on
March 15. The theme is open data and open government. Here's the spiel:

*Pia will discuss the role of government in a digital society, and how
"Government as an API" leads to new opportunities for improving policy,
citizen-centric service delivery, public debate on complex issues, industry
innovation, accountability and a more democratic society. She will reflect
on her recent open data and data visualisation trips to Finland and New
Zealand, and her recent conversations with Tim Berners-Lee.*
*
*
Her bio's on the web with all the other gurus: http://eotw.com.au/

Cost for the breakfast is $30 and you book in the very same
place<http://www.eventbrite.com.au/event/4520039560>you buy tickets to
the Edge of the Web conference.

To be frank, I have no clue how to promote things into the Government
sector - we (AWIA) put an ad into PS News - it cost a fortune and delivered
not many bookings.

bret treasure
040 990 8133