[plug] Overclocking

Owain evansaussie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:41:00 UTC 2013

The i7 and i5s I have something called Turbo mode which seems to overclock
automatically and use a on chip thermal sensor to underclock if it gets too
hot.

Have you tried using wine?
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=86suggests
that autocad might run.

The main reason I ask is that I suspect the bottleneck may be the vm not
doing video acceleration very well. Last time I looked 3d video
acceleration on vms in Linux was poor.

Good luck!