[plug] Monthly Talk 14th May

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Mon May 13 13:47:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone.

It's time for our regular monthly talk, and this month we've got a new
speaker lined up - Han Wen Kam, has recently moved to Perth and offered
to give us a talk. Han's synopsis is as follows:
*
/Title:/*/  Case Study of a Linux on Mainframe proposal and proof of
concept for a large logistics company//
////
////*Synopsis:*//  For 8 months in 2007, I was part of a multi-national
team working towards winning a multi-million dollar contract to
modernise the core application of a very large logistics management
company.  According to our client, at time of evaluation, our Linux on
IBM Mainframe solution was most innovative and bold.  While we were able
to demonstrate meeting and exceeding all functional and non-functional
requirements in a live environment, we lost... This is my side of the
story...//
//
/Han will be speaking tomorrow evening (14th May 2013) at our usual
venue - Spacecubed, 45 St Georges Terrace. (The old reserve bank).

We'll be gathering from around 6:00pm, and plan to start the talk at
about 7:00pm - looking forward to seeing you all there.

If you get to Spacecubed, but cannot get in the main entrance, there
should be a number taped on the door for you to call, or alternatively
give me a call on 0410375986, and we'll get someone to let you in.

Regards,

Euan de Kock,
President - Perth Linux User Group (PLUG)