[plug] PLUG Tuesday Talk

Euan de Kock euan at dekock.net
Mon Nov 11 14:25:18 UTC 2013

Hi fellow Pluggers,

Just a quick heads up to remind you that our regular monthly talk is on
again at Spacecubed tomorrow (12th November).

Tomorrow, Kevin Vinsen will be giving a talk on the SkyNet Pan-STARRS1
Optical Galaxy Survey (POGS) project.

Kevin is a Research Associate Professor with the International Centre
for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) . His talk will discuss the use of
the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)
middleware and Internet-connected computers to measure the galactic
structural properties of ~100,000 galaxies.

Spacecubed is located at 45 St Georges Terrace, the front access is
usually disabled after hours, we should have a phone number on the
glass, call and we'll let you in.

We try and get the talk started at 7:00pm.

The talk should be streamed live as usual - available via any media
player capable of decoding an icecast OGG stream - you can find it at
power.plug.org.au:8000. Firefox and vlc are good candidates for this on
desktop devices. Firefox on mobiles is also pretty good.

We'll also put the video up on our youtube account a few hours after the
talk.

Hope to see you all there.

Best Regards,

Euan de Kock,
President - Perth Linux User Group (PLUG)