[plug] Lateral thinking .... sort of

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 28 09:56:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 14:59:41 William Kenworthy wrote:

> THIS is lateral thinking ...

> https://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/889/Sending+or+viewing+emails+usi
> ng+telnet
> :)

There's another way?? ;-)

One of the problems that I encountered with KDE is that akonadi is
broken by a later version of mysql. akonadi is a back-end data store
used by KDE4. I do wonder at the sanity of moving data into a
database simply because one can.

I lost about 1000 archived emails representing part of family
correspondence over 5 years because of an akonadi glitch that led to
the quiet deletion of the emails from my IMAP server to "synchronise
stores".

I'm eagerly awaiting to see how KLyDE evolves.

--
/"\ Bernd Felsche - Somewhere in Western Australia
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | For every complex problem there is an