[plug] email backup in XML, JSON or SQL format?

Sam Wilson sam at samwilson.id.au
Sat Sep 28 22:53:24 UTC 2013

On 09/29/2013 04:18 AM, Fred Janon wrote:
> I am looking for a way to backup an email account accessible through
> IMAP to either XML, JSON or SQL (mySQL) format, including attachments.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to do that?

Not quite what you're looking for, but similar:
https://github.com/RaymiiOrg/NoPriv It downloads to HTML, and stores
attachments as separate files.

I used to use a use a little mysql-based thing (that I wrote) for my
email archiving, but I soon realised the infinite variety of metadata
and structure and things, and now just store mbox files in subversion
(and Thunderbird's single-keystroke archiving system).

- Sam.