[plug] Recent increase in SSL probes

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Dec 16 03:20:10 UTC 2014

I use the recent match in iptables to limit each ip address to 3
connections in 10 mins. This slows the logs down, but yeah it has been
relentless for the last week or so. If I had 10 minutes to spare I'd set
up a honeypot to see what they were doing. Last time I did that I
configured a vm with an account backup:backup and it was compromised in
a matter of hours.