[plug] Display control

Kevin Shackleton krshackleton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 23:49:43 UTC 2014

Thanks for the comments gents.

I'm trying to keep it really simple from the contributor end, since at
least 2 of these will be updating the central display through screen shots
or perhaps batch files - I'm not going to reverse-engineer complex
applications.

The project doesn't need anything fancy in terms of frame rate or rendering
cleverness, I just need to be able to handle multiple sources of
displayable info, perhaps 1 minute updates.

I could create multiple frames in a web page, but that lends itself to
putting just an image in each (unless I commit to a horrific amount of more
clever code) - an evolutionary dead end perhaps.  I didn't find a
pane-managing part of pyopengl - it seems more bent on what you can do in
one canvas.

Terminal Multiplexer is sort of what I want except it's terminals.

Going right back to the window manager, xmonad looks interesting.  Don't
know if I can automate all I want across the tiles though.  Will play . .

Regards,

Kevin.