[plug] gigabit switch recommendations

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 29 05:48:22 UTC 2014

I looked at them - high end 40G switches and expensive - its not the
software I want but generic multiport hardware with enough backplane
bandwidth to outperform a PC and the ability to run a generic linux, not
one with propriety impossible to get drivers.  There are a few other
providers that are also expensive (including HP and Cisco with their SDN
products) but I dont get why there isnt some mob in China producing
"good enough" cheap stuff - surely there would be demand?

BillK