[plug] DHCPv6

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Jul 16 09:15:09 UTC 2014

This might be a red herring, but seem to recall in the deep dark mists of
my memory that you couldn't have an interface that did both IPv4 and IPv6
at the same time.

Please feel free to ridicule this comment - as I said, YMMV.

On 16 July 2014 10:45, Andrew Cooks <acooks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List
>
> I'm trying to configure dhcpv6 (stateful IPv6 autoconfiguration) and
> I'm stuck. Maybe there's someone on the list who can help?
>
> I've determined that the client sends the ICMPv6 Router Solicitation
> message and that it arrives at the server, but the server doesn't
> respond.
>
> It works fine for providing DNS servers and such if I use radvd for
> stateless address autoconfiguration, but I'd like to setup _stateful_
> configuration to test that our devices operate correctly in this mode.
>
> The problem seems to be that the server doesn't listen on the raw
> interface (it does for IPv4), so it probably doesn't receive the icmp
> messages. It does listen on UDP port 547 using IPv6 and it does claim
> to listen on the correct interface at start-up.
>
> Any ideas? I can post details if anyone is interested.
>
> Thanks
>
> a.

Onno Benschop

()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

If you need to know: "What computer should I buy?" http://goo.gl/spsb66

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au