[plug] Iinet security

ıuoʎ yonjah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:45:15 UTC 2014

Krystin what your saying is very disturbing.
I have the same issue with Vaya. every time I call the customer service
they ask me for details anyone can easily find on facebook.
So I guess its not only IINET who have the issue.

But looking at the Caller ID doesn't make it any better. Caller IDs can be
easily spoofed and faked it doesn't require any technical knowledge and
today you have some paid apps that will do it from your smartphone. so if
anyone will want to take over your customer account this will not stop him.

Also the fact that you find the problem of asking a client password as him
not knowing it or him being annoyed from the question is also a bit
disturbing since the fist security measure every user should take is to
never tell anyone his password especially not to the company service rep.
and if you save your passwords properly no one in your company will have
any access to this passwords in the clear not to validate the users by them
and not to give them back to the users when they are asking them. customer
reps should only be able to generate new temporary passwords for accounts
which the client can use to login once to change his password.

To identify users you can ask them to have a verbal code word specific for
the customer rep or giving the last 4 digits of their credit card